Now and then, people in Japan have loved “Oishii”.
The interest in the culture of “Edo,” the former name of “Tokyo”, has been on the rise both domestic and abroad. One genre that stands out, in particular, is “Ukiyo-e” for its vivid representation of Japanese culture throughout the Edo period. The depictions, often included “Japanese cuisines”, have been highly praised not only for its rare beauty but its ability to capture and convey the people’s lives of the Edo period in profound detail. In response to the recent addition of “Japanese Cuisines” to the intangible cultural heritage list, an original exhibition, "Oishii Ukiyo-e: The Roots of Japanese Cuisine" will be open to the public in 2020. Visitors of the exhibit will be invited to a journey that captures the very essence of the Edo period through visuals, recipes, and actual representations of the techniques that existed during the time.
|Title||Oishii Ukiyo-e: The Roots of Japanese Cuisine|
|Period||2020.7.15 [Wed] - 9.13 [Sun]
* Closed on 8.14 [Fri].
* There will be the changes of exhibits during the exhibition.
* Period has been modified.
|Opening Hours||10:00-20:00 (Last Admission: 19:30）
* 10:00-17:00 on 7.21 [Tue], 7.28 [Tue], 7.30 [Thu], 8.28 [Fri] (Last Admission: 16:30)
|Venue||Mori Arts Center Gallery (52F, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower)|
3-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line “Roppongi Sta.” Exit 1C
(direct access to Roppongi Hills through concourse)
6-minute walk from Toei Subway Oedo Line “Roppongi Sta.” Exit 3
9-minute walk from Toei Subway Oedo Line “Azabu-juban Sta.” Exit 7
12-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Namboku Line “Azabu-juban Sta.” Exit 4
10-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line “Nogizaka Sta.” Exit 5
|Organizers||Hakuhodo DY Media Partners Incorporated
Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc.
Mori Arts Center
The Sankei Shimbun
|In Association with||BS-TBS, Inc., JAPAN FORWARD, TBS Radio, Inc.|
|Special Sponsor||Kura Sushi, Inc.|
|Corporate Sponsors||Kanro Inc., East Japan Railway Company,
Nissha Co., Ltd
|Special Support||Public Interest Incorporated Foundation Ajinomoto Foundation for dietary culture|
|Support||ZENKOKU UNAGI KABAYAKI SYOU KUMIAI RENGOUKAI
Tokyo Metropolitan Noodle Cooperative
|University / High school students||1,300 yen|
|Junior high school / Elementary school students||800 yen|
* The number of people in the facility is now limited; all admissions will be by advance ticket ONLY with a designated date/time, in consideration of the health and safety of our patrons and staff members.
* All prices include tax.
* For Students: Please bring valid form of ID.
* Disabled persons and one accompanied person will receive half price discount for the admission upon presenting Disabled Person’s Handbook or an equivalent form of government issued identification.
* Please be noted that you must wait in line to buy / exchange tickets, and enter the museum when crowded.
* Please read about our countermeasures against the new coronavirus (COVID-19) here upon your visit.
Note that opening hours and other details are subject to change. Check the facility website for the latest information.